The results are in and for the first time in National FFA history Delaware has a national FFA president representing the state. David Townsend, an agricultural and natural resources and plant science major at the University of Delaware, was elected president.
Others elected to the 2016-17 National FFA officer team:
- Victoria Harris, a biology major at the University of Florida, will serve as secretary.
- DeShawn Blanding, a biological engineering (natural resources engineering) major at North Carolina A&T State University, was elected southern region vice president.
- Trey Elizondo, a science and agricultural communications major at Texas A&M, will serve as western region vice president.
- Ashley Willits, an agricultural education major at Tarleton State University, was elected eastern region vice president.
- Valerie Earley, an agricultural communications major at the University of Minnesota, will serve as central region vice president.
National officers commit to a year of service to the National FFA Organization. Each officer travels more than 100,000 national and international miles to interact with business and industry leaders, thousands of FFA members and teachers, corporate sponsors, government and education officials, state FFA leaders, the general public, and more. The team will lead personal growth and leadership training conferences for FFA members throughout the country and help set policies that will guide the future of FFA and promote agricultural literacy.
To find out what a year in office is like for the team, check out AGDAILY’s article on the 2015-16 team: National FFA Officers: Ag connects us all.
Moving Agriculture Forward
The AGDAILY Digest is the information superhighway for your country road.