Cooped up in the house with kids during cold or rainy weather? Monsanto has recently been showcasing several science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) activities for youngsters. They stimulate young minds, and help fuel interest in modern agricultural practices.
The activities are perfect for kids in grades K-6 using things you have around the house or that can easily be gotten with a quick trip to the store.
They activities include:
- Edible soil, to make snack time educational
- Garden in a glove, to help observe the life cycle of plants
- Build your own bee house, to help our precious pollinators
- Gene bracelet, to better understand the DNA of life
- Ecosystem in a bottle, which has separate parent and kid portions
- Coloring pages: Irrigation in rotation, Crop protection close up, and Flow filters.
And you’re not even required to stay within the lines. We hope that you and your rural rugrats enjoy these projects!
Moving Agriculture Forward
The AGDAILY Digest is the information superhighway for your country road.