Finally, fall is in the air, which means the 94th National FFA Convention & Expo is right around the corner! From October 27 to 30, a blue sea of corduroy jackets will take over Indianapolis. FFA members from across the country will gather in one spot to celebrate their accomplishments, their chapters, and learn how to be better leaders in their communities — for the first time in person in two years.
However, this year is one with many changes. After last year’s adjustment to an online experience, the 94th National FFA Convention & Expo will is being held in-person with the option of an online experience. Unsurprisingly, there will be some changes due to the current state of the pandemic. However, that is not stopping FFA members from getting together to celebrate their time in the National FFA Organization.
Follow all of our coverage during the National FFA Convention & Expo here.
FFA members are not the only ones getting excited for the upcoming national convention.
Miriam Hoffman, the National FFA Eastern Region Vice President said, “My first year at National FFA Convention, sitting in a section far from the stage as I watched a retiring national officer give his address, was when I finally saw myself belonging in FFA. This upcoming convention will be my sixth; that feeling of knowing I’m with others who have a drive for hard work, a dedication to agriculture, and a love for people, has continued. Especially after so many months apart, the 94th National FFA Convention & Expo will be one full of joy as we reunite back together, and I’m confident it will feel better than ever.”
To successful enjoy the 94th National FFA Convention & Expo be sure to know:
- How much money should I bring? –– New this year, two venues will be completely cashless. So what does this mean for you? You will need another form of payment for Gainbridge Fieldhouse (formerly known as Bankers Life Fieldhouse) and Lucas Oil Stadium. Alternative forms of payment include credit cards, debit cards, Apple Pay, or Google Pay.
- What changes have been made due to the pandemic? — Although the 94th National FFA Convention & Expo will once again be held in-person, there are some changes that FFA members need to follow. First, if you are sick, you must stay home. Secondly, the vaccine is recommended, but not required. If you do get sick before or during the event, refunds are available. Currently, there are no capacity limitations for the 94th National FFA Convention & Expo. Which means every FFA member is invited to attend the in-person event, not just those members competing.
- Will I have to wear a mask at National FFA Convention? — Masks are required for everyone in all indoor spaces while attending official National FFA Convention & Expo events. Masks must be worn, even if you are fully vaccinated or have already had the virus. Additionally, masks are required while aboard FFA-provided shuttle transportation, indoor spaces of Career Success Tours and in common areas of FFA Housing Block hotels, Gainbridge Fieldhouse, event hotels (event rooms and public spaces), Indiana Convention Center, Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Indiana State Fairgrounds, and the Lucas Oil Stadium. However, if you are actively participating in public speaking event or instrument performance you can elect to remove your mask during that time. Masks are acceptable to wear with Official Dress.
- Is there an app for National FFA Convention? — The National FFA Convention & Expo app includes the customizable schedule, maps, exhibitor listings, attraction and dining listings, event push notifications and much more. FFA members can download the app to stay on top of all current events and even play the FFA Trivia career and leadership challenge.
- Will the Blue Room be in person? — This year the Blue Room will be held on the virtual platform exclusively. There will not be a Blue Room at the convention center. The virtual FFA Blue Room launched last year and was a huge success. Through the FFA Blue Room, FFA members are able to see technology and innovation within the agriculture industry as well as learn about exciting careers.
- BONUS* Have fun! — Last, but certainly not least, there is so much fun to be had at the 94th National FFA Convention & Expo! Everything from the American FFA Degree awards, Opening Session, National Chapter Awards, meeting new people, the rodeo, and an exclusive concert, FFA members are sure to make many memories during this time.
More questions? Check out FFA’s A to Z Information Guide.
Whether you celebrate from your classroom or right there in Indianapolis, remember that you are connected to students from across the country. With 735,038 FFA members, ages 12 to 21, and a total of 8,817 chapters, the National FFA Convention & Expo has something for everyone!