FFA chapters are constantly looking for new, innovative ways to increase their student’s hands-on opportunities. Grants for Growing is a competitive grant program that provides funding to FFA Chapters — middle school and high school — to support the development or improvement of agricultural projects that enhance the classroom experiences for students through chapter engagement activities. FFA chapters may apply for up to $5,000 through the G4G program, sponsored by Tractor Supply Company.
Applications can be found here. The application process is easy and includes the following: short project overview, potential community partners, narrative on how the grant will help further the chapter’s agriculture education program, project timeline, and measurable outcomes. Funding is provided through consumer donations made during checkout at a TSC store location by purchasing a $1 through the paper emblem program.
Grants for Growing timeline
- Application: Jan. 7-Feb. 11, advisor submits application online at ffa.org/grantsforgrowing
- Fundraiser: Feb. 13-24, chapters are encouraged to partner with their local TSC store to engage at stores and advertise the program in an effort to increase consumer donations and awareness.
- Engagement: Feb. 15-Mar. 3, following the fundraising period advisors will complete an engagement form that describes their efforts to impact donations.
The fundraising period for the TSC paper emblem program will take place Feb. 13-24, during FFA week. During this time frame FFA chapters are encouraged to participate in their local TSC store or utilize on-line resources to boost the sales of the paper emblems. However, participation is not a requirement to receive funding through the Grants for Growing program.
Below are some examples of how your FFA chapter can participate:
- Act as a Greeter as customers enter the TSC store
- Host an in-store booth with information about the importance of Agriculture Education
- Help pack items at the register and transport to the customers vehicle
- Host a petting zoo to provide an agriculture experience for customers
- Hold a bake sale with proceeds supporting FFA chapter activities
Use social media to promote FFA Week and the FFA Paper Emblem Sales. Be sure to tag your posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter using the hashtags: #GrantsforGrowing, #NationalFFA, #TractorSupplyCo, #FFAJustOne.