Every year in anticipation of the National FFA Convention & Expo, FFA members apply for different awards in recognition of their hard work throughout their time as a member. Today, the National FFA Organization announced the 16 finalists for its 2021 top achievement awards: American Star Farmer, American Star in Agribusiness, American Star in Agricultural Placement and American Star in Agriscience.
The American Star Awards represent the best of the best among thousands of American FFA Degree recipients. The award recognizes FFA members who have developed outstanding agricultural skills and competencies by completing a supervised agricultural experience (SAE) program. A required activity in FFA, an SAE allows members to learn by doing. Members can own and operate an agricultural business, intern at an agricultural business, or conduct an agriculture-based scientific experiment and report the results.
Other requirements to achieve the award include demonstrating top management skills; completing key agricultural education, scholastic and leadership requirements; and earning an American FFA Degree, the organization’s highest level of student accomplishment.
A panel of judges will interview the finalists and select one winner from each award category for the 94th National FFA Convention & Expo, held in Indianapolis this fall. The four winners will be announced during the convention.
View this post on Instagram
The finalists include:
American Star Farmer
- Josh Heupel from Le Grand, California
- Grady Johnson from Holdrege, Nebraska
- Kurt Muggli from Carson, North Dakota
- Raegan Klaassen from Hydro, Oklahoma
American Star in Agribusiness
- Noah Anuez from Lake City, Florida
- Tyler Ertzberger from Carnesville, Georgia
- Matthew Rowlette from Berea, Kentucky
- Wyatt Harlan from Slaton, Texas
American Star in Agricultural Placement
- Caleb Peckham from Woodstock, Connecticut
- Duncan Patton from Comer, Georgia
- Ethan Buck from Lafayette, Indiana
- Jakob Weinheimer from Groom, Texas
American Star in Agriscience
- Mackenzie Camacho from Madera, California
- Emily Acevedo from Starke, Florida
- Chase Krug from Marion, Iowa
- Reese Wilson from Stephenville, Texas
Visit the FFA website for more information about the American Star Awards. Case IH, Elanco Animal Health, NAU Country Insurance Company, Pepsico Inc, RAM Trucks and Syngenta sponsor the American FFA Degree recognition program.
The National FFA Organization is a school-based national youth leadership development organization of more than 760,000 student members as part of 8,700 local FFA chapters in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.