Paul Rea, senior vice president, BASF agricultural solutions North America, was named the chair for the upcoming year. Rea, born and raised on a farm in New Zealand, holds a master’s degree from the University of Sydney, graduate school of management and lives in Raleigh, North Carolina.
“It is a privilege and honor to serve as the new chair of the FFA Foundation Sponsors’ Board,” Rea said. The work of the Board helps ensure that our talented and passionate FFA members have the resources they need to lead our industry in the future. I look forward to working with Molly and the other Sponsors’ Board members to support the Foundation’s ongoing commitment to provide important educational tools for our youth ag leaders.”
The National FFA Sponsors’ Board is made up of individual volunteers who are leaders from business and industry. During their service, sponsors’ board members are integral in helping the National FFA Foundation strengthen and develop corporate partnerships with others in business, industry and organizations to provide support.
In addition to Rea being named the board chair, five other new board members were announced. Those include
- Mike Borel, president of The Context Network of California;
- Kerry Courchaine, director of technical services of Darling Ingredients of Texas;
- Allison Flinn, director of public policy and government relations of Merck Animal Health of Washington, D.C.;
- Chris Geswein, general manager of river elevators, ag services, and oilseed division of Archer Daniels Midland Company of Illinois;
- Michelle Wetzel, research, development and applications director, meat seasonings of Kerry Taste & Nutrition of Wisconsin.
These members will serve on the board for three years.
“We are so thankful to those who serve on our board,” said Molly Ball, president of the National FFA Foundation. “Their expertise from the industry is instrumental in helping FFA grow the next generation of leaders while opening doors for a broader audience.”