As many women working outside know, it can be tough to find a warm, yet feminine work jacket. Women know, when we search for work jackets, many times blazers will pop up or dull, boxy jackets for men. We need warm, big pocket jackets to do our outside chores just like everyone else. We ran through quite a few reviews and asked our friends what jackets kept them warm during those chilly morning chores and here is what we found.
Here’s the five highest-rated women’s work jackets on Amazon.com and how to get a hold of them:
This 100 percent cotton machine wash Carhartt jacket is sure to keep you warm and comes in eight different, feminine colors.
- I’m a beef farmer and wear this jacket every day in the winter for chores. It is warm, durable, and fits great, even when wearing layers.
- Love this jacket. Just got cold enough this week to wear it. I paid attention to the sizing in the comments. also tried a couple on locally. I’m 5’7” 190 and bought the medium. It fits perfectly. I can put a T-shirt and long sleeve workout jacket/thermal underneath. Perfect for trails in the shade. — Sizes are bigger, don’t but too big.
- I am a little annoyed that this appears to be Carhartt’s warmest jacket that comes in women’s sizing, but it’s still not QUITE as warm as the men’s version that they issue to us at work. Women need to be warm too! But it’s nearly as warm as the men’s version and it’s keeping me warm in Antarctica, so I can’t complain too much. I just wish it were a little bit more windproof. On REALLY cold days I have to wear a wind proof layer underneath this jacket.
A 100 percent Nylon coat is sure to keep you dry while having the perks of being machine washable.
Other benefits include storm defender waterproof breathable membrane, rain defender durable water-repellent finish, and fully taped seams. With high reviews and over 70 percent as fits as expected, this would make a great Christmas gift.
- I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan — so very cold, long winters! So far it is just late fall and only a little snow — but even in windy 30 degree weather I was very very warm in this! I can easily see wearing this as a normal daily wear coat (going to work, dropping kids off at school, running errands, etc.) It might not be a super insulated ski coat, but it is exactly what I was looking for!
- This is a great mid-weight coat, that it perfect for fall and early winter here in Minnesota. It’s insulated enough to make it warmer than a shell, but not so insulated that it’s super thick. It’s the coat you’d reach for when you’re already wearing a sweater, or a hoodie. And it seems to even be sized with this in mind.
- Great light winter jacket. It is perfect for the pacific northwest where it is wet and chilly but not super cold most of the time. The coat fits with room for a sweater. I wear a size 8 or 10 and the medium fits great.
This 100 percent Cotton Oilskin, five star jacket received rave reviews with benefits like a two way zipper, dual entry hip pockets, snap riding gussets, inside security pocket.
- The first outback oilskin I got must be at least 10 years old now. It is just a rag having been worn routinely in barn work and riding. I really love it. All the fine details, the fine, smooth quality of the fabric, the snap flaps in back for riding.
- A great oilskin jacket at a great price. It’s my third since 1992 by the same company. The other two wore like iron, all they needed was minimal maintenance as described in the product information brochure.
- I’m a size 12. Ordered the large and I can layer comfortably underneath it. Excellent quality.
This affordable work jacket is flannel lined is a blend of cotton, polyester, and nylon. It also features a heavy-duty zipper and snap down storm flap with cargo pockets.
- The material is good quality, it will definitely last you. The outside is like a jean material but it’s almost velvet-like. The sleeves have a nylon lining and the body lining is 100% cotton. It’s a perfect autumn jacket.
- Cute fit with just enough flare in the back to have a smart look and just roomy enough to wear a sweater or a t-shirt underneath. This is my new favorite go-to for everyday wear. Love it!
- I would recommend ordering one size up from normal. This gives me room to wear a hooded sweatshirt underneath on the cold days. That being said. I LOVE this jacket! I use it as a barn coat and for riding. Walking dogs, etc… if they came in other colors I would order one for going into town!
This jacket is loaded with perks. Including, 100% cotton, machine wash, quilted, flannel lining in body and quilted nylon lining in sleeves, zip front with snap placket, and two lower-front pockets with flaps and snaps that double as hand warmer pockets with side entry, two chest pockets, and two interior pockets.
- I love the nice big pockets, I can keep my gloves and hat tucked in them when I go inside. The inside breast pockets are a little too shallow for my iPhone 6s plus, but they are wide enough. There are elastic drawstrings at the waist that I can synch in to give it a more feminine shape.
- Nice looking three season coat good enough for an Alaskan mom. This fabric looks and feels very durable — perfect for being in the woods or playing hard with the kids without having to worry about getting a hole.
- Pros: two way zipper, nice color ((deep wine), extra room for a 2nd layer on cold days, banded cuffs, longer in the back, price on Amazon was much less than on the Carhartt website. Cons: I wish it had a detachable hood but I’m okay with the permanent one and the drawstring is a little high waisted but I don’t intend to cinch
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.