Although shop work can become very mundane, the time goes by faster listening to some George Strait, Garth Brooks, or Cody Johnson. While a good song can make shop work go by quickly, so do podcasts. The beauty of listening to a podcast while you work is the ability to learn from the experts, while also preparing for the upcoming growing season (or whatever your current chore may be). With one of the best radio for a farm shop, you can do both. A good jobsite radio is durable, the right size for your needs, portable, and may even include special features.
A radio that is going to last in the shop must be durable and stand up to the test and challenges that come with that. Everything from dust, grease and potentially being dropped a time or two, a radio must be as tough as its owner. In addition, the portability of a radio is important. Whether you need it on the go or plugged in, having a portable radio is handy when it comes to traveling. Not only is portability handy when it comes to a good radio, but so are added bonuses. For example, being Bluetooth enabled ensures quick connectivity. We tuned into these features and many more while searching for the best radios for your farm shop.
Here is a list of our favorite shop radios:
DEWALT 12V/20V MAX Portable Radio
The 12V/20V MAX Bluetooth Jobsite Radio provides premium sound in the toughest work environments. This DEWALT radio has durable roll-cage design to withstand drops and impacts. The innovative handle stores and protects the radio antenna when not in use.
- The portable radio features dual 3.5-inch woofers and 1-inch tweeters for stereo sound
- The battery operated radio has a heavy-duty roll cage with antenna slot for josbite durability and protection
- The bluetooth radio features bluetooth connectivity up to 100 ft. away for music streaming
- AM/FM radio with 6 presets to customize to your favorite stations
- USB power port for device charging
- 3.5 mm auxiliary port to connect external devices
Milwaukee M18 Job Site Radio
The Milwaukee M18 Jobsite Radio/Charger brings the power of Bluetooth to the jobsite, while delivering the industry’s best reception and sound.
- Built-In Charger: Quick, convenient charging of all M18 batteries
- Customizable Equalizer and 10-Station Preset: Delivers personalized, enhanced sound
- Weather-Sealed Compartment: Offers on-board protection for small belongings and a smart phone
- Streams audio wirelessly from over 100 feet away
- Premium Speakers and 40-Watt Amplifier: Produce a rich, full sound
Ryobi One+ 18-Volt Lithium Ion / AC Dual-Powered AM/FM Stereo System
Liven up your workspace or home with the Ryobi P746 stereo system. It is versatile, with the ability to play music from its AM / FM radio or from your phone or mp3 player. Either plug in with the auxiliary cable or use the built-in Bluetooth system so you can change tracks without having to cross the room. You can even charge your devices with the 2-amp USB port, with sizeable storage on the top of the stereo.
- Hybrid power sources: You can plug this straight into your wall with AC power or use 18v Ryobi Lithium Ion or NiCad batteries.
- Multiple different listening platforms: Plug your smartphone into the auxiliary port, listen to AM or FM radio, or connect wirelessly with the onboard bluetooth technology
- Charging options: 2.1 USB port that you can plug compatible smartphones and mp3 players into
Ridgid 18V Lithium Ion Cordless / Corded Jobsite Radio
The tough outer shell keeps this protected from the elements, and an ergonomic handle is included for portability. You can use the Ridgid phone app to control this, too. Change the volume and mix remotely. You can keep tabs on the battery life, too.
- Dual power sources: You can use Ridgid 18V batteries (not included) or the included AC cord to power this radio
- Change the mix and tune the radio remotely through a Ridgid app you can download on your smartphone
- Keep your smartphone in the attached compartment. It has USB charging for maximum utility
- Play music with aux, Bluetooth, AM, or FM radio.
Bosch 18V Compact Jobsite Radio with Bluetooth 5.0
The Bosch GPB18V-2C is a portable and flexible cordless jobsite radio featuring Bluetooth 5.0 technology. High-performance speakers featuring enhanced bass response delivers outstanding sound clarity and quality.
- BLUETOOTH 5.0: lets users listen to a music streaming service or stored songs via their mobile device (from up to 100feet away)
- High performance speakers feature enhanced bass response, deliver outstanding clarity and sound quality
- A digital turner features eight FM presets and four AM presets
- The radio runs runs on Bosch’s 18V Lithium-ion batteries or included AC/DC power adapter
- Convenient handles and hanging hook allows easy transport and placement at the jobsite, workshop or wherever you play
- USB charging keep mobile and storage devices charged and ready
PORTER-CABLE Bluetooth Speaker & Radio
This radio features two high quality speakers that provide stereo performance sound and clear reception along with enhanced sound with the equalizer feature. The Bluetooth compatibility allows users to wirelessly stream music from any smart device.
- Two high performance speakers of the portable radio provide loud sound and clear reception. Enhance sound quality with equalizer feature.
- Bluetooth compatibility of the battery operated radio allows users to wirelessly stream music from any smart device
- The Bluetooth radio features AM/FM/AUX and 12 presets to save favorite stations.
- Durable and compact radio withstands jobsite elements and is easy to transport.
- Radio operates on any 20V MAX* Lithium Ion battery. Also, an AC wall adaptor is included to provide alternate power source
Milwaukee 18V Dual Chemistry
The 2890-20 M18 18V jobsite radio from Milwaukee combines high sound quality with a robust design and other handy features to give you the best experience possible. A 2.1A USB charging port is located on the back so you can keep your smartphone or other device charging while you play music from it.
- Keep your phone tucked into the back of the radio and out of harm’s way. Smart phones can be kept in the special onboard compartment that’s loaded with a 2.1A USB charging port
- This radio is built to last, with the rubberized end pieces able weather drops and other impacts regularly found on the jobsite
- You can have up to 10 presets stored on this radio at once, letting you and your crew keep your favorite stations stored for easy access
- The rectangular shape of the radio is designed to sit flush in cars, boxes, and bags while having tools and other supplies stacked on top
- This Milwaukee power tool works with M18 18v lithium ion Milwaukee batteries. Compatible models include the 48-11-1860, 48-11-1850, 48-11-1828, and 48-11-1815, 48-11-1840, 48-11-1820
Makita 18V LXT / 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Bluetooth
Two speakers can be connected to listen in true stereo sound or connect up to ten speakers wirelessly to hear music throughout the job site. Compatible with a 12V max CXT and 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries, this radio provides more flexibility for users. An included AC Adapter offers corded operation. The XRM11 is durable to withstand harsh jobsite conditions.
- Equipped with Bluetooth to wirelessly connect mobile devices
- Up to 10 speakers can be wirelessly connected
- Features one auxiliary port for MP3 compatibility and one USB port for charging mobile devices
- Delivers rich full sound from one 4-inch woofer with a passive radiator and one 1.4-inch tweeter
- Two speakers can be connected to listen in true stereo sound
These are some of the best jobsite radios on the market. These radios have the best sound and performance above all else. All you need is to figure out your requirements and budget to find the best radio to suit your needs.