The Pennsylvania Dairymen’s Association is launching a new “Dairy Smiles” Campaign to celebrate Summer and June Dairy Month, the PA Dairymen’s way — with a milkshake!
To enter, anyone 18 years and older is encouraged to share and post their favorite dairy or PA Farm Show milkshake photos between Monday, June 15, and Tuesday, June 30, 2020, on social media with #DairySmiles.
The exciting Grand Prize is a special “Milkshake Pop Up Party” for 50 people within a 40-mile radius of Harrisburg. The winner must host the party by August 30, 2020, at the discretion of the PA Dairymen’s availability.
“Imagine a world where you get rewarded for eating delicious dairy foods that produce #DairySmiles. Now you can by simply posting a photo of yourself, your business, family, or friends enjoying your favorite dairy products or one of our popular PA Dairymen’s milkshakes. Since ‘Farm Show in June’ was cancelled due to COVID-19, everyone has been asking where they can get one of our signature milkshakes. So, in addition to neighborhood and farm market events, we are giving one lucky fan a chance to win a special ‘Milkshake Pop Up Party,’” said Dave Smith, executive director of PA Dairymen’s Association.
Winners will be chosen at random and announced on or about July 10. Other prizes include: the delivery of delicious Penn State Creamery ice cream and a PA Dairymen’s Prize Pack featuring t-shirts, signature cups, and more. For a chance to be featured on PA Dairymen’s Association social media and to win one-of-a-kind prizes and experiences, visit their website.
Dairyman Dave reminds everyone that during Dairy Month and beyond, anyone can help our dairy farmers during this pandemic. Here are five steps each of us can take to keep our PA dairy industry thriving and to give back:
- Buy milk to support healthy families and vibrant communities. Your local farmers market is a great place to start. If you are local to Pennsylvania, look for the PA Preferred Logo or Plant Code 42 on the milk container to ensure that it is made in Pennsylvania.
- Incorporate more dairy into your daily diet and enjoy easy-to-make dairy recipes. Add an extra ounce or cup of cheese, yogurt, ice cream, or milk perhaps and enjoy the diversity dairy!
- Donate whatever amount you can to Fill a Glass with Hope, a charitable fresh milk program, the first statewide effort in the country. To date, in partnership with Feeding Pennsylvania and American Dairy Association North East, FAGWH has provided over 14 million free servings of milk to our neighbors in need. On average, every $1 donated provides eight servings of fresh milk.
- Visit and share the PA Dairymen’s Resources Page that features dairy farm tours, free games, recipes, crafts, STEM experiments, Adopt A Cow, and offers insight into farm life. Share our new public service announcement found on the PA Dairymen’s YouTube.
- Consider donating to the Center for Dairy Excellence Foundation to support our future dairy farmers here.