Ladies, is there anything better than going boot shopping? Once you find the perfect pair, it’s so much fun getting ready for a night out on the town in your new boots. Whether it is a concert, a convention, or to dinner, a nice pair of western dress boots is so versatile. I even wore mine under my wedding dress!
The beautiful thing about fancy western boots is that they are as different as the women that wear them. One might be bright with a floral design while a different pair has black rhinestones on them. That is the beauty of having so many to choose from. In addition to having one for every type of person, you can also have one for every outfit! You can never have enough pairs of western boots (even if my husband doesn’t think so).
With so many different styles, fits, and options it could take hours to find the perfect pair. Here are a few of my favorites to help out and to know what to look for in western dress boots!
Corral Brown Crater Bone Embroidery Boot
These boots are as western iconic as it gets! They are giving off a floral vibe without being a specific color which means they will go with anything. This boot has handcrafted leather upper and dual pull on tabs at side for easier on-and-off.
- “Kind of expensive, but NIIIICE! I wore these all day out of the box with no break in period and with no socks! Soft soft leather. they stitch the side seam inward, so there is no seam rubbing your ankle. Love these dress boots. You can wear them with anything. They are very thick, quality leather.”
- “Wore them the entire night of my wedding and had no desire to take them off! Loved them and the price!”
- “Personal Testimony: THESE. BOOTS! Comfort over everything. I love the looks of snip toe, but square toe is more comfortable for my foot, so pick your favorite. The classic white embroidery with floral tendencies is sure to remain a favorite for a long time. *On sale on Tractor Supply at time of publishing”
Macie Bean Rose Garden Cowgirl Boot With Floral Embroidery
These details! The floral embroidery dress boot has long been a favorite of mine. This boot also comes in either square or snip toe to give you the power to decide. The V collar and pull straps help you slip into the boot with ease.
- “Love the boots, but they do run 1/2 size small. 99% of the time I’m a true size 7, but MB boots require a 1/2 bump up for me. The 7.5 are a tad roomy w/ thin socks, but that’s irrelevant compared to the overall comfort. The boots bring many compliments & make me smile.”
- “These boots are so pretty! Got so many compliments on them! Definitely need to break them in though, a little stiff at first. But that’s expected with leather boots. All in all great product & quality!”
- “Absolutely amazing boots. I received many compliments wearing them. The embroidery is beautiful.”
Brown Crater Bone Inlay and Studs Boot
Love. Love. Love. Can you tell I am a big fan of all things boots? Because I really am. These boots have more of an edge to them compared to the above floral theme. The boots have a bone leather features inside cutouts and brass-tone stud embellishments. I love they would go with everything while also making a statement!
- “These dress boots are super cute, they are ornate but not over the top, wore them all day and still felt like riding/walking.”
- “I love the coloring and the brass studs so much and have received a ton of compliments on them. My only complaint is that the studs can get ripped out if you’re not careful. I cross my ankles a lot and the friction that causes has led to a few lost studs. Otherwise, I love them! Corrals fit pretty true to your normal size, and these fit great. They are comfortable to wear daily, and if they are anything like my other pair of Corrals, should hold up over time. I would definitely buy these again, even with the complaint!”
- “Personal testimony: these were my wedding boots and I wore them before the wedding to make sure they were broken in, but there was no need – they were perfect from day one. Worn throughout the wedding and had no problems dancing the night away.”
Corral Black Inlay Floral Embroidery Studs Leather Boots
This boot is for all my sparkly girls. This glitter inlay is remarkable! This pair of women’s boots is handcrafted from high-quality leather material, delivering both superior durability and high fashion in a snip toe boot. This is one of the only times I support the combination of black and brown. Everything pops, and I love it!
- “Corral boots are always beautiful, but these are so gorgeous I don’t want to wear them!!! The detail and the inlay are just amazing. Just like with other Corral boots I have bought, I got a half size larger than I usually wear, and they fit perfect!”
- “These boots are gorgeous. I love them. You’ll love them.”
- “I haven gotten endless compliments on these boots which makes me love them even more! I naturally have wide feet and this fit very comfortable. Probably the most comfortable boots I’ve ever put on my feet!”
Laredo Cross Point Boot
Laredo has a great selection of cute, affordable dress boots, it was so hard to narrow down my favorite. I love the style of this Cross Point boot with its simplicity yet fashionable design. This boot is made in America, has a 1.5″ heel and has the snip toe fit.
- “Beautiful genuine leather boots! They arrived exactly as pictured. Unlike most boots, these did not seem to require me breaking them in at all. I wore them for a full 8 hour day to the rodeo and did lots of walking and had zero pain or blisters. This was my first pair of Laredo’s and I would definitely buy another from this brand.”
- “I have been looking for a pair with a small shaft at top and finally…found them. I LOVE these dress boots. The embroidery is detailed beautifully. .Thank Laredo.”
- “Love these boots! I get so many compliments on the tan color & design and they fit perfectly! I have a wider foot and they fit great! I went up a half size but probably could have stayed true to my size.”
What to look for in dress boots for women
Western dress boots for women can be found anywhere — from the streets in Nashville to hardworking female ranchers in Texas. They are a fashion statement but also a statement of comfort. When searching for the best pair of dress boots for women farmers, we took into consideration price, comfort, and material.
Although you can find a cheap pair of cowgirl boots at Target, they will not last long. So if you are just needing a pair of boots for one night on the town, cheaper would probably be your way to go. However, if you plan on wearing these boots to rodeos, weddings, ag industry conventions, concerts, and just any other time you need to get dressed up, it might be worth spending a little bit extra so you know they will last you for a long time.
For your feet, comfort is key! Just like any other boot, it may take the first wear or two to break in the leather, but after that your feet should comfortably fit in your new shoes. If not, look into exchanging them as it will never get better. Read reviews before you select which boot you think is right for you. Also, it helps to know what type of fit is right for you. For example, ost boots come in a round, square, or snip option. If you like a little extra wriggle room for your toes, you will not enjoy the snip option.
When you think of western cowgirl boots, you think of leather boots that will last you a long time. However, to save on cost, not every boot is made the same. Read what type of material the boot is made out of and check out its durability before you spend money on it. Although these boots rarely get worn to feed the cows, you still want it to make sure it will last you a long time.
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.