For college students, now is a busy time of the year. Most just finished midterms and are wondering how they have made it this far in the year with only getting a few hours of sleep at night. In addition to trying to do well in school, you are also applying for scholarships, because college is not cheap! The CME Group Beef Industry Scholarship is open now and applications are due Nov. 9 at midnight CT.
The Beef Industry Scholarship was introduced in 1989 through Live Cattle Futures Contract on the CME Group. The National Cattlemen’s Foundation and CME Group are committed to the future of the cattle industry and continue to recognize and support outstanding youth in the beef community. The tradition remains strong today, each year a total of ten $1,500.00 scholarships are awarded to students pursuing careers in the beef industry.
To be eligible to apply students must:
- Be a graduating high school senior or full-time undergraduate student who will be enrolled in a two- or four-year institution for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to a career in the beef industry through classes, internships or life experiences.
- Include a Letter of Intent — write a one-page letter expressing/indicating your career goals related to the beef industry.
- Write an original essay — 750 words or less describing an issue confronting the beef industry and offering a solution(s).
- Provide two Letters of Recommendation — two letters of reference from current or former instructors or industry professionals.
Check out their website for more information and application form to apply. Individual applicant or their family must be a member of the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association. For more information on membership, please click here.