Lifestyle News

Tractor Supply begins Fall Paper Clover fundraiser for 4-H

Published:

To celebrate National 4-H Week, Tractor Supply launched its Fall Paper Clover fundraiser. The campaign, which runs from October 6 to 17, raises money funds to help 4-H members access educational programs, both on the state and national level. More than 100,000 students have been impacted with scholarship funding over the years.

Tractor Supply began its partnership with 4-H in 2010 and has since helped raise over $15 million through their Paper Clover fundraisers. The campaigns — one in the spring and one in the fall —  provides students with hands-on learning experiences through projects in STEM, agriculture, healthy living, and civic engagement.

The paper clovers, representing the 4-H emblem, are available for sale in Tractor Supply stores and online at TractorSupply.com from October 6 to 17. The funds support scholarships for camps and leadership experiences that feature programming in animal care, woodworking, government and networking practices. All money raised during the fundraiser is dedicated to scholarship funding for varying state-level 4-H programs, benefiting youth directly in the state it was collected.

According to the Tractor Supply website, “One hundred percent of funds raised through our two Paper Clover fundraisers directly benefit 4-H and the kids and teens they work with — 90 percent of donations directly support 4-H youth in the state it was raised, and the remaining 10 percent supports national 4-H programming.”

For example, for the last two years, Soren Hottensmith has spent much of his free time volunteering at Tractor Supply and gathering donations for 4-H in Ravenna, Ohio. 4-H is one of the highlights of Soren’s life, so he was exciting to be presented with yet another 4-H opportunity when his county worked closely with 4-H and, using a portion of the funds they raised from the Tractor Supply donations, sent him and his brother to Camp Canopy. 

“The semi-annual Paper Clover fundraiser is an invaluable part of Tractor Supply’s partnership of 4-H, as it directly supports access to programming that supports kids and teens in taking on some of our most critical societal issues,” said Christi Korzekwa, Senior Vice President, Marketing at Tractor Supply at Tractor Supply. “We can really see the difference that every donated dollar makes, ensuring that 100s of young people who want to participate in these learning experiences have the opportunity to do so. It is gratifying and exciting to see the support our Team Members and customers have around this fundraiser, and we hope this year’s event proves to be another success.”

 

Last year, the Fall Paper Clover campaign raised a total of $828,076 for 4-H and its members! That could not have been accomplished with out the generosity of the customers and employees of Tractor Supply. 

 

Updated 10:25 a.m. ET; 10/13/21: This article was updated with more information on the campaign.

Sponsored Content on AGDaily
Any views or opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect those of AGDAILY. Comments on this article reflect the sole opinions of their writers.