When it comes to anniversaries, gold is the traditional gift for the 50th, and diamonds are for 75th. But what do you give for a 180th anniversary? If you ask the folks in Wisconsin, it’s cheese! Wisconsin has been making cheese even longer than it’s been a state, and this year marks a milestone 180th anniversary of cheesemaking. To celebrate, dairy farmers and artisan cheesemakers from across the state have donated their most sought-after creations. And one grand prize winner will have the opportunity to custom design his or her own Grand Towering Cheese Wheel Cake, to be composed of their preferred selection of Wisconsin Cheeses.
Next week, a month of in-store, restaurant and online promotions celebrating Wisconsin Cheese will culminate in a virtual event featuring award-winning cheesemakers, surprise guests, education, musical performances, and the chance to win 180 prizes from the State of Cheese! Tune into Wisconsin Cheese’s Facebook or YouTube pages at 7 p.m. CT May 26 to watch the event live.
Registration for The Great Wisconsin Cheese Giveaway opens at noon CT May 13 and closes at noon CT May 25. Registration is free and unlimited for this event.
Included in the prize list is:
- Grand Towering Cheese Wheel Cake – designed and delivered for your next grand event
- World Champion Roth Grand Cru® Surchoix – an entire wheel of this championship cheese
- Exclusive, first taste of Hook’s 15-year aged cheddar before its Fall 2021 release
- Quarterly Curd Drops – seasonal shipments of fresh cheese curds from four different makers
- Assorted Gift Baskets – featuring cheeses inspired by Wisconsin’s European roots, the best blues, a cheddar flight or spicy favorites!
- Too Gouda to Be True – quarter wheel of award-winning Marieke Gouda
- Limited Edition Cheese Lover’s Box – featuring an exclusive, curated selection of fun Wisconsin Cheese swag and a $50 gift card to shop for Wisconsin Cheese
To make dairy more accessible to millions of people across the country, attendees are invited to donate to The Great American Milk Drive at the time of registration. The program helps deliver fresh milk to Feeding America food banks which serve communities nationwide.
Official Contest Rules can be found at WisconsinCheese.com/Contest-Rules.
Wisconsin is the nation’s leading producer of specialty and award-winning cheeses, the only state that requires a license to make cheese and the only place outside Switzerland with a Master Cheesemaker program.