Arrowquip’s new heavy-duty hydraulic chute, The Colonel, has marched in and is ready for duty. This hardworking cattle chute gives feedlots and large-scale cattle operations all the features they need and will use.
The Colonel features a unique 3-way squeeze and live floor, high-quality construction with massive 5/8″ plated top and bottom gussets for maximum strength, hydraulic neck extenders for total head control, and multiple safe access points.
For far too long, feedlot and large-scale cattle operations have dealt with chutes often breaking down and being unreliable. Having to wait hours or days and in some cases waiting for a technician to drive up to get back to work. Because of that, Arrowquip pushed to create a series of heavy-duty reliable hydraulic cattle chutes with minimal downtime and backed by 24/7 client care so they are never left out to dry.
The Colonel falls into the brand’s ranks between The Major and The General in the Army Series heavy-duty hydraulic squeeze chutes. All chutes in this series Army Series are built for maximum performance and reliability to stand up to repeated use and rowdy cattle often seen on feedlots and large-scale operations. Paired with easy to replace parts that ship in as little as 24 hours and 24/7 client care, downtime is no longer a problem.
“After hearing from large cattle operations, we knew they needed a chute they could depend on, one designed for durability and the best performance,” said Steve Langrell, expert cattle rancher and the “mad scientist” behind The Colonel and The Army Series. “We’ve learned that easily replaceable parts are necessary. Parts that could wear out are easy to remove and replace, plus these parts are quick to order and receive from our team. Operators won’t have to worry about being down for days, waiting for a technician or parts to arrive.”
The Colonel’s features include:
- New infinity true rubber floor and traction kit
- Head gate track built with 5/16” plate steel for enhanced strength
- Swing-out emergency exit on both sides
- Easy pour-on access without opening the gates
- Squeeze track constructed of 4” x 4” .188w rectangular tubing
- Torsion bar to prevent warping of lower squeeze frame
- Hydraulic neck extenders
- Added height with rear drop-down panels for vet access
- 7 drop-down access panels on each side
- Split bottom access gates on both sides
- Hydraulic control pivoting swing arm that can be used from either side