Ten students pursuing careers in the beef industry were awarded $1,500 scholarships for the next school year by the National Cattlemen’s Foundation and recognized during the 2021 Cattle Industry Convention in Nashville. The CME Group Beef Industry Scholarship program recognizes talented and thoughtful students emerging as industry leaders.
The 2021 CME Group Beef Industry scholarship recipients were:
- Sydney Bowman, Fort Lupton, Colo., Kansas State University
- Kinzie Burtrum, Stillwater, Okla., Oklahoma State University
- Rebecca Coombe, Grahamsville, N.Y., Cornell University
- Christian Cummings, Nowata, Okla., Oklahoma State University
- Dominic Gittlein, Fort Lupton, Colo., University of Nebraska Lincoln
- Allie Herring, Franklin, Texas, Texas Tech
- Kyli Kraft, Fort Collins, Colo., West Texas A&M
- Carsten Loseke, Columbus, Neb., University of Nebraska Lincoln
- Lauren Mosher, Liscomb, Iowa, Iowa State University
- Brooke Vyvlecka, Jourdanton, Texas, Texas A&M University
Introduced in 1989 and sponsored by CME Group, the scholarship identifies and encourages talented students who play an important role in the future of food production. Students studying education, communication, production, research or other areas related to the beef industry are eligible to apply for the annual scholarship program. Applications for 2022 will be accepted beginning Oct. 1, 2021.