Students who found a passion in the agriculture industry, can apply for different scholarships and experiences to strengthen that passion. Ten students pursuing careers in the beef industry were awarded $1,500 scholarships by the National Cattlemen’s Foundation (a cattle industry charity) and recognized during the 2022 Cattle Industry Convention in Houston. The CME Group Beef Industry Scholarship program recognizes talented and thoughtful students emerging as industry leaders.
The 2022 CME Group Beef Industry Scholarship recipients are:
- Sheridan Chaney, Keymar, Md., Butler Community College
- Matea Gordon, Whitewood, S.D., South Dakota State University
- Ellie Kenagy, Oakland, Ore., Oregon State University
- Korbin Leddy, Stockholm, S.D., South Dakota State University
- Carsten Loseke, Columbus, Neb., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Collin Ochsner, Kersey, Colo., Texas Tech University
- Hannah O’Connor, Rio Oso, Calif., Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Weston Schrader, Wells, Kan., Kansas State University
- Jacee Sumpter, Branson, Colo., West Texas A & M University
- Ethan Vanderwert, Columbia, Mo., University of Missouri
Introduced in 1989 and sponsored by CME Group, the scholarship identifies and encourages talented students who play an important role in the future of food production. Students studying education, communication, production, research or other areas related to the beef industry are eligible to apply for the annual scholarship program. Applications for 2023 will be accepted beginning Oct. 1, 2022.