SVG Ventures | THRIVE, a the global agrifood investment and innovation platform headquartered in Silicon Valley, has released its 2022 THRIVE TOP 50 AgTech and FoodTech Reports, which highlight the industry’s leading growth stage companies. This year’s report celebrates leading agtech and foodtech companies across sixteen industry categories, with a strong focus on sustainability.
The annual ranking, now in its fifth year and in partnership with Forbes, is intended to showcase agtech and foodtech companies that exemplify the best in agriculture and food-focused innovation. The Top 50 selections were made based on their exemplary leadership teams, innovative technologies, investment, and traction. To qualify for the Top 50 listing, a company must have a product in market, have received a minimum of series A funding, and be ready to scale.
New this year is a focus on sustainability. With agriculture playing a pivotal role in progressing global sustainability through innovation, the report highlights 10 sustainable companies based on their environmental impact and effort to form a more sustainable future.
The 2022 selections are:
THRIVE TOP 50 AgTech
- Agribusiness Marketplace: Bushel, Cibo Technologies, DeHaat, Farmer’s Business Network, Indigo Agriculture, ProducePay
- Animal Technology: Agrivida, InnovaFeed, Native Microbials, Open Blue, Protix, Pure Salmon, Recombinetics, Ynsect
- Controlled Environment Agriculture: 80 Acres Farms, AeroFarms, Bowery, InFarm, Plenty
- Crop Nutrition: Bioenergy Devco, Concentric Agriculture, Pivot Bio, Plant Response, Sound Agriculture
- Crop Protection: AgBiome, Greenlight Biosciences, Invaio Sciences, NewLeaf Symbiotics, Provivi, Terramera, Vestaron
- Farm Management & Insights: Apollo Agriculture, FieldIn, Gro Intelligence, Hartau, Orbital Insight, SeeTree, Semios, Solinftec, Stable, Trace Genomics
- Plant Breeding Platform: Central Coast Agriculture, Front Range Biosciences, Inari, Pairwise, VoloAgri
- Robotics & Automation: Advanced Farm Technologies, Blue White Robotics, FJ Dynamics, Monarch Tractors
THRIVE TOP 50 FoodTech:
- Alternative Protein: BlueNalu, Califia Farms, Eat Just, Impossible Foods, Mosa Meat, Noblegen, NotCo, Perfect Day, Turtle Tree, Upside Foods, v2food
- Food Quality and Safety: Apeel, Clear labs, Hazel Technologies
- Health & Nutrition: ByHeart, DayTwo, Foodsmart, Kate Farms, Noom, Viome
- Marketplaces & Retail: Blinkit, Bossa Nova Robotics, Brightloom, Imperfect Foods, Instacart, Oda, Picnic, Rappi, Swiggy, Vivino, Weee!, Xingsheng Selected
- Meal Kits: Gousto, Revolution Foods, Sun Basket
- Novel Ingredients: Enough, Geltor, MycoTechnology
- Restaurant Tech: Choco, CloudKitchens, Nextbite, Rebel Foods, REEF Technology
- Supply Chain & Logistics: Deliverect, LeheFood, Ninjacart, Nuro, Soft Robotics, TIPA Sustainable Packaging, Zume
Six months of research when into the report, and the input from companies and agencies such as Corteva, Kubota, Land O’Lakes, Yamaha, Trimble, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Pork Checkoff, and Global Affairs Canada were utilized in the assessments.
“Today, the world is facing several environmental challenges. Investing in solutions that rethink agriculture and food production systems are key to solving these problems. This year’s list highlights exceptional companies that are shaping the future of food and agriculture through innovation,” said John Hartnett, CEO of SVG Ventures | THRIVE.