Every year on National Ag Day, we take time to recognize and celebrate the abundance provided by agriculture. On March 22, 2022, producers, agricultural associations, corporations, universities, government agencies and countless others across America will join together to recognize the contributions of agriculture.
National Ag Day’s objective is to celebrate agriculture and to help consumers better understand how farmers and the companies serving them produce abundant, healthy, nutritious, and safe food that while caring and tending for the land; leading the way in preservation and innovation for the health of our planet and our families.
One special event that takes place for National Ag Day is an essay and video contest. Students across the country are invited to enter the National Ag Day essay and video contest, sponsored by the Agriculture Council of America. This year’s theme is, American Agriculture: Growing a Climate for Tomorrow? This essay contest is divided into two categories of competition: written essay and video essay. Both are national competitions, and both winners will receive $1,000.
When preparing for the contest, all entrants are encouraged to support their position with facts. Don’t just tell a story. As you prepare your entry, consider the following:
- Research the food value chain
- Consider the role of technology in agriculture and how it contributes to a healthy planet.
- Increasing global consumer interest in how food is produced and processed
- Health and fitness driving consumer food buying habits
- Farmers are proud stewards of our land, water and air.
- U.S. farmers are among the most productive in the world. They proudly raise crops and livestock because they want to help feed hungry people.
National Ag Day is organized by the Agriculture Council of America. ACA is a nonprofit organization composed of leaders in the agricultural, food and fiber community, dedicating its efforts to increasing the public’s awareness of agriculture’s role in modern society.
As part of their awareness programs, the National Ag Day program encourages every American to:
- Understand how food and fiber products are produced
- Appreciate the role agriculture plays in providing safe, abundant and affordable products
- Value the essential role of agriculture in maintaining a strong economy
- Acknowledge and consider career opportunities in the agriculture, food and fiber industry