The American Agri-Women (AAW) is pleased to announce the winners of the “Gen Z Speaks Ag” advocacy contest as part of AAW’s “AgDay365: Ag Day is Every Day Campaign.” AgDay365 celebrates the fact that everyone is part of agriculture, every day, and the contest encouraged young advocates to make their voices count. Crop Science, a division of Bayer, sponsored the contest.
The contest included photography, videography, special event, and pollinator education categories. Finalists in the photo and video categories were also posted on AAW’s Facebook page for a People’s Choice contest.
Photography award recipients are:
- 1st Place winner and People’s Choice Ellie Steensma, Lynden, Washington
- 2nd Place, Mia Orduno, Chandler, Arizona
- 3rd Place, Amy Engelhard, Unionville, Michigan
- People’s Choice, Quincie Gourley, San Luis Obispo, California
- People’s Choice, Madison Love, Rushville, Illinois
Videography award recipients are:
- 1st Place and People’s Choice, Brandon Roiger, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2nd Place, Haley Ammann, Fairmont, Minnesota
- 3rd Place, Kara Linder, Chandler, Arizona
Special event award recipients are:
- 1st Place, Students and FFA members from Barron, Prairie Farm and Cumberland Schools in Wisconsin, “Food for America” program
- 2nd Place, McKinley Vikings 4-H Club, Frederic, Wisconsin, “Annual Corn Feed” event
Pollinator education event award recipients are:
- 1st Place, Sissy Sugarman, Encinitas, Calif., “The Honey Bee Road Show”
- 2nd Place, McKinley Vikings 4-H Club, Frederic, Wis., “Pollinator Week and Beyond”
The winners are also invited to be part of AAW’s inaugural Gen Z advisory panel. The goal is to collaborate with young advocates to learn about issues and concerns they have for agriculture, their careers, etc., so AAW can develop programming and policies for ag’s future leaders.
Moving Agriculture Forward
The AGDAILY Digest is the information superhighway for your country road.