Calling all college students for the Agricultural Relations Council ag communications scholarship opportunity and student internship program.
ARC is now accepting applications for its scholarship program, which awards one $1,500 fall scholarship (2019-2020 academic year) to an undergraduate college student studying ag communications and public relations.
Due to generous support from Lyle E. Orwig, the ARC scholarship program was renamed the Agricultural Relations Council/Charleston|Orwig Scholarship Program this year. Orwig is funding this program through an endowment he set up with the ARC Foundation.
ARC scholarship qualifications include:
- Major or minor in ag communications, with the intent of using his/her communication skills as part of a career path.
- Demonstrate an interest in using ag communications on a regular basis.
- Overall grade point average of 2.5 or above and 3.0 or above in the major area of study (based on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolled in a four-year program.
ARC scholarship application requirements:
- Reference and letter of recommendation
- Typed (not hand-written)
- Writing/editing sample
The ARC scholarship application and all supplemental materials must be e-mailed no later than March 15, 2020. Click here to access the application form. ARC scholarship applicants will be notified by April 15, 2020, regarding the status of their application.
The ARC internship program is Sponsored by Gardner & Gardner Communications and an ARC Foundation grant, the summer 2020 intern host organization is yet to be determined.
What you need to know:
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of undergraduate work.
- ARC partners with an ARC-member organization to coordinate this internship.
- ARC-member organization hosts the intern in the city where the company is located.
- Internship holds a value of $5,000 ($4,000 stipend and $1,000 used to attend ARC’s Annual Meeting, June 23-25, in Richmond, Va.)
- Intern will spend 80% of the internship with host organization’s projects and 20% of time to support ARC and attend the ARC Annual Meeting
- Internship is 10 to 12 weeks long.
- Application deadline is Feb. 15, 2020
- Host organization and a Gardner & Gardner Communications representative selects the intern.
Click here to access the student internship application.