The We Believe in Growing scholarship was created to support agricultural education and careers, giving high school seniors encouragement to pursue agriculture and give them a leg up in the industry.
High school seniors from California’s Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Kings, and Kern counties are eligible. Two $10,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who will attend a four-year college or university to major in an agricultural field. The scholarships will be disbursed over four years at $2,500 per year, per student.
The E.M. Tharp Scholarship will be awarded based on eligibility as outlined in the criteria below:
- Officially graduate from high school during the 2022-23 school year
- Acceptance by an accredited 4-year university, if not accepted yet provide which universities you have applied to at this time.
- Future educational and vocational career goals must be related to agriculture
- Applicant must reside in Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Kings or Kern counties
- Completion of scholarship application, including transcripts and letters of recommendation
Grades and financial need will be assessed but are not the only factors considered when awarding the scholarship. If the applicant is selected for an interview, they must bring a professional photo of themselves to the interview. Scholarship winners will be contacted prior to the World Ag Expo in February.
Applications can be submitted online and are due by Jan. 13, 2023.
The grant will be sent to the university the recipient will be attending in the fall. The recipient of the scholarship must spend the grant on tuition, fees, books, or other educational-related expenses.