News

Michigan Amish teen dies after electrocution on farm

Published:

Our thoughts go out to this Michigan community after a 19-year-old Amish teen was electrocuted in a fatal farm accident.

According to the Clare County Review, Alvin James Yoder was trying clear a 20-foot high grain tank on his farm with a metal pipe when he touched a 5,000 volt power line above. He died on scene.

Consumers Power was called to the farm to neutralize the power line before Yoder’s body could be removed from the top of the bin.

Any views or opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect those of AGDAILY. Comments on this article reflect the sole opinions of their writers.