As we know, scholarships are vital for students to pursue their passion. AJ Cisney, Chair of the Board of Directors for UnitedAg and the Education Committee, announced that the directors awarded 10 Vocational Scholarships for the 2019-20 year to deserving students in California and Arizona.
The recipients of the Vocational Scholarships were selected based on both merit and need. The scholarship program was developed to provide UnitedAg member employees seeking agriculture job-specific education and training at certified vocational schools, trade schools or other institutions.
UnitedAg is proud to announce the 2019 Vocational Scholarship recipients:
- Laura Bigham; True Leaf Farms; San Juan Bautista, California
- Oscar Coronel; Church Brothers, LLC; Salinas, California
- Faith Gonzalez; Castle Rock Farm & Transport; Delano, California
- Yadira Infante; Ever-Bloom; Carpinteria, California
- Selena Medina; RAMCO; Salinas, California
- Lupita Renteria-Galvan; Ocean Mist Farms, Inc.; Castroville, California
- Daisy Rojas; CA Heritage Mills; Maxwell, California
- Domiziana Trejo; Associated Feed & Supply; Turlock, California
- Teresa Vega; Saticoy Lemon Association; Santa Paula, California
- Cesar Ximenez Cornejo; Duncan Family Farms; Buckeye, Arizona.
Since inception, the Agribusiness Education Foundation has awarded more than $1.5 million in scholarship monies to 897 students.
The 2019 UnitedAg Vocational Scholarship recipients will be honored during luncheon ceremonies across California and Arizona. For more information regarding the luncheon ceremonies, please contact Maribel Ochoa, Marketing Manager at 949.471.3206.
In 2020, UnitedAg will make available up to $30,000 in vocational scholarship grants. Any UnitedAg member employee presently enrolled, or who will be enrolled anytime during the 2020/21 calendar year, should consider applying for a scholarship. Only students presently residing in the United States are eligible for the Agricultural Vocational Scholarship Program. The application process will open again Winter 2020.