For college students, the access to scholarships make continuing their education possible. The College of Agriculture at Virginia State University is opening its VSU Food and Agri-Science Scholarship Program, which means that newly admitted and current VSU students interested in majoring in agricultural degree programs and who meet all scholarship requirements may be eligible to receive a one- or two-year $10,000 scholarship.
The VSU Food and Agri-Science Scholarship Program, authorized by the United States Congress in the 2018 Farm Bill, provides students a pathway to career success in diverse fields of agriculture. The scholarship can be used to cover the cost of tuition, room and board, certain fees, and books. Virginia State University is a land-grant institute.
The College of Agriculture offers three-degree programs: Bachelors of Science in Agriculture, Family and Consumer Sciences, and Hospitality Management. Within those degree programs, students can select from 11 concentrations, inclusive of Agriculture Business and Economics; Textile, Apparel and Merchandising Management; Dietetics and Nutrition; Plant and Soil Science; Pre-Veterinary Medicine and Environmental Science.
- Accepted for admission to VSU and enrolled in the semester of acceptance
- Desire to study food and agricultural sciences within the degree programs listed in this brochure
- Intend to pursue a career in the food and agricultural sciences, including careers in industry, research, education, and professional services
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.0 grade point average at the time of application and a SAT: 1000 or above. Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA while receiving scholarship support
- Be enrolled and maintain full-time student status at VSU in a program of study in food and agricultural sciences within the College of Agriculture, leading to an undergraduate degree during each semester that the student receives 1890 Scholarship support
For more information about eligibility requirements, a complete list of concentrations or to apply, visit their website. Applications can be completed online here. The number of scholarships is limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until exhausted.