California horse electrocution: Not first victim of contact voltage

· May 11, 2018

The electrocution of a 20-year-old horse this past Monday due to a contact voltage hazard in Lake View Terrace, California is a rare but not unheard-of event. “Horse electrocutions due to contact voltages are uncommon. However, we have identified seven other instances over the past 20 years where contact voltage has killed a horse,” said […]

Michigan Amish teen dies after electrocution on farm

· August 17, 2017

Our thoughts go out to this Michigan community after a 19-year-old Amish teen was electrocuted in a fatal farm accident. According to the Clare County Review, Alvin James Yoder was trying clear a 20-foot high grain tank on his farm with a metal pipe when he touched a 5,000 volt power line above. He died […]

Load more