Big innovations often come alive at big shows, and John Deere got things kicked off ahead of the Farm Progress Show with a handful of new products. You’ll want to see some of it for yourself in the two videos below!
DEERE ADDS 8-ROW FOLDING CORN HEAD
Helping to make transportation on narrow roads more of a breeze, the company’s new eight-row folding corn head can be equipped on group 6 and 7 S-Series Combines. People in the farming industry talk about safety a lot, and Deere is doing something great here to address that. The folding corn head also eliminates the need for header trailers, tow vehicles and related manpower.
Roger Maes, senior marketing representative for John Deere Harvester Works, says the 608FC allows producers to spend more time in the field harvesting and less time in transport or having to remove or re-attach heads when moving from field to field.
The 608FC is available in 30-inch row spacing with or without the stalk chopping option. For transport, the head folds quickly to a narrow 10.9-ft. width.
EXACTAPPLY INTELLIGENT NOZZLE CONTROL FOR SPRAYERS
Producers and ag service providers can gain greater accuracy over their spray applications with John Deere ExactApply intelligent nozzle control system available on new John Deere 4-Series Sprayers. Starting with 2018 models, this latest application technology provides sprayer operators a comprehensive solution that maintains consistent droplet size and pattern through a wide range of speeds, while reducing the potential for overlaps, skips and drift.
ExactApply is compatible with all boom sizes equipped with stainless steel plumbing.
In addition, John Deere ExactApply offers the following:
- The ability to switch spraying between two pre-selected nozzles with the push of a button from inside the cab. This capability also increases the range of application to achieve consistent droplet size.
- The ability to automatically vary the rate across the entire boom, ensuring the correct amount of material is applied to the right area of the field, even while turning.
- Reduces the number of nozzles needed because of range increases on each nozzle.
- Alerts the operator if a single nozzle is plugged.
- Includes LED lighting on each individual nozzle for improved visibility of spray pattern in low-light