Anyone who has spent any time outside knows how important protecting yourself from the elements is. We think of a good sturdy jacket, of the right headwear, and of gloves that provide mobility and warmth. Not to be overlooked, of course, is your feet, because having the best work socks for your environment is crucial to keeping you up and moving through a long day.
The old adage of “cotton kills” applies here — OK, maybe not in such an extreme way as it does when you’re alone in the wilderness and far away from civilization, but cotton does have shortfalls. Yeah, it may be a breathable fabric and there are times when cotton is perfectly fine, but if your feet sweat a lot or they get soaked in the rain, cotton socks won’t dry out. And that’ll leave your feet a pruney, blistery mess by the time the sun goes down.
Below are seven of our favorite work socks — ones that are definitely worth you trying out. Remember that size and weight make all the difference when finding the best work socks for the season.
Carhartt Men’s 3 Pack Force Performance Work Crew
- 98% Polyester, 2% Spandex
- ODOR RESISTANT – men’s work crew socks by Carhartt helps to keep your feet and working socks smell fresh all day long as they have special anti-odor properties which will win the fight against odor under any conditions.
- REINFORCED HEEL & TOE – the reinforced heel and toe of work socks for men delivers added durability and even longer wear.
- HAS FAST DRY TECHNOLOGY – cushioned work socks for men by Carhartt have fast drying technology which due to its synthetic fiber has superior wicking action and quickly transports sweat so your feet stays dry and comfortable.
- BREATHABLE – our outdoor work socks pack contains three breathable and extremely comfortable pairs of socks for men, which ensure that moisture is quickly wicked away and dried, so your feet stay cool and dry even when you’re working up a sweat.
- SOFT & COMFORTABLE – men’s cushioned work crew boot socks by Carhartt are the best and most comfortable men work socks available on the market as they are lightweight, breathable, soft, fast drying and ensure moving comfort, durability and no odor. Moreover, these comfort fit socks have a compression arch which provides full motion support and stability.
C.E. Schmidt Steel Toe Over-The-Calf Boot Socks
- Custom cushioning for steel toe protection
- Special arch design adds support and prevents sock movement
- Package includes 2 pairs
- Materials: 86% Acrylic, 13% Nylon, 1% Spandex
Dickies Men’s All Season Marled Moisture Control Crew Socks
- 66% Polyester, 30% Cotton, 2% Rayon, 1% Rubber, 1% Spandex
- Soft cotton blended with moisture wicking fibers keep feet dry and comfortable
- Full cushion throughout foot and leg delivers added comfort
- Reinforced heel and toe durability
Wolverine Men’s Crew Sock
- 79% Cotton, 21% Nylon
- Made in US
- Machine Wash
- Full cushion comfort
- Smooth toe seems
- Ribbed stay-up for a secure, comfortable fit
- Crew fit
Want to go taller? Click here for it in an over-the-calf version.
Wigwam Men’s At Work Black Socks
- 67% Cotton/17% Acrylic/13% Stretch Nylon/3% Elastic(rubber)
- Made in US
- Pack of ribbed socks, each featuring contrast footbed with smooth toe seam and logo
- Treated with Odor Guard to control foot odor and athlete’s foot
Working Person’s Grey Steel Toe Crew Socks
- Cotton, Nylon, Polyester, Spandex
- Made in USA
- 4 Pairs of Premium Men’s Crew Socks
- Extra Thick Padded Heel & Padded Toe
- Arch Support System, Odor Fighting
Wells Lamont Men’s Grey Crew Work Socks
- Made to stretch – 66% cotton, 30% polyester, 2% nylon, 2% spandex
- All Wells Lamont socks are manufactured in the US
- Size Extra Large fits Men’s shoe sizes 13-15
- Heel and toe are reinforced to reduce fatigue
- Thinner strip of knit runs along each side of you foot, providing breathable comfort for all day wear
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.