News Poultry

Heat lamp in chicken coop cause of Wyoming fire


The Laramie County Fire District #2 has determined a heat lamp in a chicken coop was the cause of a fire in Wyoming last week that took out a mobile home, a camper, two older vehicles, and a 20-foot enclosed box trailer.

The chickens were able to escape, but officials estimate the damage at $20,000.

This isn’t the first time this month chicken coop fires from heat lamps have been in the news. Earlier this month, three dozen chickens perished in a heat lamp fire in Brainerd, Minnesota About 50 adult chickens were able to escape when firefighters opened an area in the fence adjacent to the chicken coop to let them out. That estimated loss was $12,000 for the coop and $500 for the chicks.

Sponsored Content on AGDaily
Any views or opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect those of AGDAILY. Comments on this article reflect the sole opinions of their writers.