University of Tennessee Herbert College of Agriculture
Founded in 1794
Motto: "Veritatem cognoscetis, et veritas vos liberabit " (You will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free)
$13,006 / $31,426
Tuition In-state / Out-of-state
OverviewSchool Website >>
Greetings from the Herbert College of Agriculture, formerly the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources. While our name might be different, we still have the same impactful areas of study, caring faculty and staff, and resources to help our students succeed. We invite you to join us as you take the journey to obtaining your college education. With our combined efforts we can create solutions that will change the world by securing the sustainability of our food, fiber, and natural resource systems. Students like you will be the ones who figure out solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We are pleased to provide our students with a unique and exceptional learning environment through:
- Academic programs with interesting classes and exciting career opportunities.
- Hands-on learning and career preparation, both inside the classroom and through real-world opportunities.
- A small school, family-like atmosphere with the benefits and resources of a world-class university.
- Learning from highly knowledgeable and caring professors who are experts in their field of study.
We sincerely hope that you will enjoy making UT and the Herbert College of Agriculture your home for the next four years.
Agricultural Degrees Offered
- Agriculture Leadership, Education, and Communication
- Animal Sciences
- Biosystems Engineering
- Construction Science
- Environmental and Soil Science
- Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
- Food and Ag Business
- Food Science
- Natural Resource and Environmental Economics
- Plant Sciences
- Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences
Total Enrollment: 22,815
Agricultural Students: 1,500
Male Female Student Ratio: 50%/50%
Acceptance Rate: 77%
Application Fee: $50
Application Deadline: December 15
Target GPA: 3.9
Target SAT Score: 1224
Target ACT Score: 27
Student Fees: $1,860
Room and Board: $10,696
Religious Affiliation: non-denominational
Faculty/Student Ratio: 14/1
Grow Lab, Beef and Forage Center, and More
The Grow Lab is a new campus garden that is a living laboratory to promote experiential and service -- learning. Grow Lab demonstrates ecological food production methods and encourages community engagement. Meanwhile, places such as the Beef and Forage Center function as an “information hub” serving all in the Tennessee beef and forage industries, while also being a focal point and catalyst for research, extension, and teaching efforts related to issues facing beef and forage systems in Tennessee. Coupled with UT partnerships for the 10 AgResearch Centers in Tennessee, there is a wealth of hands-on opportunity.