It’s down to the sweet 16 in the National FFA Organization’s 2018 top achievement awards: American Star Farmer, American Star in Agribusiness, American Star in Agricultural Placement, and American Star in Agriscience.
The American Star Awards represents the best of the best among thousands of American FFA Degree recipients. The award recognizes FFA members who have developed outstanding agricultural skills and competencies through the completion of a supervised agricultural experience (SAE) program. A required activity in FFA, an SAE allows members to learn by doing.
Members can own and operate an agricultural business, intern at an agricultural business, or conduct an agriculture-based scientific experiment and report the
results. Other requirements to achieve the award include demonstrating top management skills, completing key agricultural education, scholastic and leadership requirements, and earning an American FFA Degree, the organization’s highest level of student accomplishment.
A panel of judges will interview finalists and select one winner for each award at the 91st National FFA Convention & Expo, Oct. 24-27 in Indianapolis. The four winners will be announced during an onstage ceremony on Thursday, Oct. 25.
Case IH, Elanco, and Syngenta sponsor the American FFA Degree recognition program.
The finalists include:
American Star Farmer
- Adam Eichacker of the McCook Central FFA Chapter in South Dakota
- Dylan Finken of the Max FFA Chapter in North Dakota
- Austin Stanton of the Centralia FFA Chapter in Missouri
- Laura Stobb of the Milaca FFA Chapter in Minnesota
American Star in Agribusiness
- Benjamin Curtin of the Taylorville FFA Chapter in Illinois
- Aaron Deunk of the Norris FFA Chapter in Nebraska
- Conner Watts of the Slaton FFA Chapter in Texas
- Brady Womack of the Morris FFA Chapter in Oklahoma
American Star in Agricultural Placement
- Gracie Danner of the West Liberty FFA Chapter in Iowa
- Landon Herring of the Lowndes County FFA Chapter in Georgia
- Jarret Moser of the Jefferson County FFA Chapter in Tennessee
- Colin Wegner of the United South Central FFA in Minnesota
American Star in Agriscience
- Adrienne Blakey of the Stillwater FFA Chapter in Oklahoma
- Katherine Marie Fazzino of the Rudder FFA Chapter in Texas
- Eric Koehlmoos of the South O’Brien FFA Chapter in Iowa
- Katheryn Vacula of the Big Foot FFA Chapter in Wisconsin