Whether it’s for Christmas, a birthday, or just to celebrate the arrival of summer, many loved ones are trying to think of a great gift for that special hard-working country boy or girl in their life. Sometimes, the way to their heart is through their truck. While there are many aspects that can be upgraded on a truck, an easy and appreciated upgrade is a new tool box. For anyone who has ever thought about buying a new toolbox, you will quickly learn that there are many, many options — so I hope to help you narrow it down just a bit.
Pro-tip: Make a list of important options that you want in a tool box and then start looking. When I was looking for toolboxes for as a gift for my husband, I wanted to make sure the toolboxes were able to be locked, heavy duty, and functional among many other things.
Here are the three best truck tool boxes I found during my research:
Jobox PAC1582000 Aluminum Single Lid Fullsize Deep Crossover Truck Box
Price: $565.69, plus free shipping
This aluminum Jobox would make a great toolbox for any farm truck. This company’s Crossovers provide superior security for tools and equipment — their combination of Gear-Lock Dual Rotary Locking System, RSL Rigid Structural Lid, and high-strength body will resist over 1,000 pounds of prying force to break in. Some of the bonuses are:
- Gear-Lock Self Adjusting Dual Rotary Lock System Always Latches and Closes for Superior Security
- Self Aligning Latch Pins Pivot From Side-To-Side and Lock the Lid Into Gear-Lock for Premium Security
- High-Strength Body and Full-Width Lock Console Resist Cargo Damage and Protects the Locking Mechanism
- RSL Laminated Rigid Structural Lid Bolster for Superior Strength
- Tough Armor-Brite Powder Paint Finish Has Superior Rust Resistance
Promising review: “No rain or snow has gotten inside it in the year I have had it. I have a lot of weight from power tools in the box and it has not distorted any, lid opens and seals like it did the first day I put it on the truck.”
Dee Zee DZ8546 46″ Red Label Utility Chest
Price: $257.78, plus free shipping
This Dee Zee toolbox is perfect for a truck with a bed cover. Since it doesn’t go over your bedrails, it stays out of the way. Some specifications are:
- Non-Rusting 0.056 Brite-Tread Aluminum
- Contractor Grade Stainless Steel Paddle Handle Latches
- Side Handles For Easy Portability
- Double V-Pan Lid Stiffener Creates Strength And Rigidity
- Internal Bends and 3-Piece Body Add Superior Strength
Promising review: Locks work great and offer a lot of adjustment. Any one of the two latch handles opens both latches. That is very handy since I always have a tool in one hand. I tow a fifth wheel and use a tonneau cover that goes flat to the sides. There is plenty of room over the box to get the tonneau cover closed, and the fifth wheel RV can go over the box in tight radius backing up.
Montezuma 30″ Portable Steel Toolbox
Are you tired of tools being thrown back into the toolbox with no organization? This is your answer! Some great details:
- 16 gauge steel construction with welded seams & no spot welding
- Holds either metric or S.A.E. tools
- Lid secures tools in position when closed
- Locking latch secures tools from unauthorized use
- Lock cylinder has double-cut keys for easier locking and unlocking
- Weather stripping creates a tight seal against dust and moisture
- Gas spring raises lid when unlatched for easy tool access
Promising review: I have had it filled with tools for about 2 weeks now and I really like the organization of the tools in the box. The only issue is that there should be a few more smaller hooks for wrenches in the back. It gets a little crowded with standard and metric.
As always when placing an order, double check your tool box size with the make and model or your truck.
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.