Need a work boot that works just as hard as you? Women in the workforce know that their options are limited when it comes to finding a comfortable steel toe work boot. Because it’s a largely male-dominated footwear request, companies don’t make as many options for women. So when you find a good pair of steel toe boots, you want to shout it from the concrete rooftops and buy 10 pairs.
We looked high and low for the most comfortable women’s steel toe work boots and compiled them below. We read reviews and asked our coworkers to find the best pair.
So whether you are worried about durability or protection, these boots have it all.
Here are 7 (plus a bonus) of the best women’s steel toe work boots:
Skechers Workshire Peril Steel Toe Boot
When you think of Skechers, your mind might not think of boots, but they will after you wear these steel toe work boots. These boots don’t even need a break in period. From day one they will be supportive while also comfortable. Other details include:
- 100% Leather
- Shaft measures approximately 5.25″ from arch
- Heel measures approximately 1.5″
- Traditional lace-up design with sturdy metal eyelets and buffalo crazy horse leather upper
- Meets ASTM F2412/2413-2011 I/75 C/75, EH standards
- Relaxed Fit design for a roomy comfortable fit
- Removable gel-infused footbed with memory foam cushioning
- Durable, oil-resistant outsole with lug pattern for traction
- Lug traction durable rubber outsole
Alice Waterproof Steel Toe Performance Work Boots
Bring comfort, style and security to the job with the Moxie Trades MT50160 Women’s Alice Waterproof Steel Toe Performance Work Boots. These safety toe work boots feature a steel toe, along with a puncture-resistant plate, Tri-Tex waterproof lining and electrical hazard rating that meets ASTM F2413-18 standards, so you can work with confidence. with a stylish, full-grain nubuck leather upper, these oil and slip-resistant boots also feature a durable outsole to provide added traction.
- Tri-Tex waterproof breathable lining helps keep you dry and comfortable
- Cushion foam insole offers comfort for extended wear
- Extra lack lace in box for pink and tan, gives you versatile style options
- Electrical hazard, meets ASTM F2413-18 standards
- CSA Approved Grade 1
Carhartt Wedge Waterproof Steel Toe Boots
These Carhartt FW6225-W Women’s Wedge 6 Inch Waterproof Steel Toe Boots combine the popularity of wedge-style work boots with the improved comfort and durability that Carhartt builds into every product. Iconic boots for time-honored work, these waterproof steel toe work boots have uppers made with high grade oil tanned leather and dual density Carhartt rubber outsoles that provide full ground contact for added strength. For protection against the elements, the women’s steel toe boots have Storm Defender Waterproof Breathable Protection that keeps your feet dry in most types of wet conditions.
- A Goodyear welt construction makes the waterproof boots for women very durable
- Dual-density Carhartt rubber outsoles deliver full ground contact for added strength
- Storm Defender Waterproof Breathable Protection and a breathable membrane keep your feet dry in most types of wet conditions while also promoting air flow and circulation
- Foot beds made with Insite technology to create maximum arch support and reduce foot fatigue during long days on the job
- Electric hazard notice: The toes of these boots identify secondary protection against incidental contact with electrical circuits of 18,000 volts or less under dry conditions
- Safety steel toe EH styles meet ASTM F2413-18 EH standards for peace of mind
- A one-year limited warranty in normal use
Durango 10-Inch Lady Rebel Bar None Steel-Toe Boot
The Durango Lady Rebel Bar None Steel-Toe Boot is made tough to last all day long. With full-grain leather uppers and cushioning for a comfortable ride, these women’s pull-on boots help you put your best foot forward. These steel-toe cowboy boots feature ventilated footbeds, dual-density rubber soles and tempered steel shanks.
- Double-row welt stitch adds strength
- Contoured, ventilated cushion footbed is removable
- Cushion flex insole and EVA midsole for a plush feel
- Tempered steel shank
- Rolled shank area
- Steel-toe cowboy boots provide protection
- Ultra lightweight, dual-density rubber outsole for traction
- 1 1/4 in. rocker heel
- 1 year limited warranty
Cat Footwear Echo Steel Toe Work Boot
A comfortable durable work boot with style that will make you wonder if it is just for work. Featuring Cat’s i-tec outsole technology for long lasting comfort, the waterproof upper keeps your feet dry in any wet conditions. The boot comes in three colors so you can choose which matches your style best!
- 100% Leather
- Rubber sole
- Shaft measures approximately 8.00 inches from arch
- Heel measures approximately 1.25 inches”
- Waterproof membrane construction
- Steel Toe
- Slip Resistant Outsole
- Electrical Hazard Rated
Justin Tasha Waterproof Steel-Toe Boots
The Justin Women’s Tasha Waterproof Steel-Toe Boots step on the wild side with chocolate chip brown leather and a turquoise and cream stitching on the shaft. The interior of these work safety boots is not only made for comfort with J-Flex Flexible Comfort System insoles, but it’s subtle topaz lining adds elegance.
- Work safety boots offer J-Flex Flexible Comfort System insoles for cushioning
- Topaz lining, chocolate chip brown leather and turquoise and cream stitching for a unique look
- Steel-toe boots are designed for lasting protection
- Work boots have injected shanks for support
Durango Lady Rebel Steel Toe Patriotic Flag Work Boots
Lightweight comfort doesn’t mean lack of style in the Durango Lady Rebel By Durango Steel Toe Patriotic Flag Work Boots. You can pull this boot on with ease thanks to the dipped topline and pull straps. Inside, the boot has a soft mesh lining that offers breathability to your feet while the steel shank stabilizes your foot and supports your arch. This square steel toe Lady Rebel has a dual-density rubber outsole for a comfortable and secure step and the rolled shank area allows easy placement in the stirrup. Try these women’s western work boots for all day comfort and support for a long day’s work.
- Distressed full-grain waterproof leather vamp, fox, collar and pull straps with man-made shaft
- Contoured, ventilated and removable cushion footbeds
- Cushion flex insoles in the women’s western work boots provide flexible comfort
- 1-1/4 in. Rocker heels
- Lightweight and flexible molded EVA midsoles
- Slip resistant, dual density and abrasion resistant rubber outsoles
- ASTM F2413 protective toe classification, ASTM F2413 electrical hazard standard
- 1 year limited warranty
- Square toe work boots have a roomy feel
- Soft mesh lining in the women’s work boots allows for air circulation to keep your feet cool
Bonus: Steel toe tennis shoes
FENLERN Steel Toe Air Cushion Safety Sneakers
FENLERN work shoes are more fashionable and novel than ordinary work shoes, and can be used not only for factory work in the construction industry but also for outdoor sports and daily life. This shoe comes in nine different colors to be as unique as you!
- Flying Woven
- PU & Air Cushion sole
- Platform measures approximately 1.25″
- Anti-Smashing: Steel toe cap with buffer area can effectively protect your feet from accidentally rolling or falling objects.
- Lightweight: From beginning, work and sports are both considered, to balance these features, focus on material selection and weight control.
- Breathable Comfort: Flying woven material featured in colored mesh with texture detail and endow the shoes has great breathability. Stylish and comfortable to wear, keep feet dry.
Choosing the best women’s steel toe work boots
When searching for the perfect pair of steel toe boots, we looked for comfort, protection, and durability.
When it comes to work boots, comfort is key. There is nothing worse than working a 12 hour day in uncomfortable shoes. Many work boots are made of steel shanks which provide support between the insole and outsole. The steel ensures it will work as hard as you do.
When it comes to protecting your feet at work, steel toe shoes are the best option. From dropping heavy objects to electrical protection, steel toe does it all. So when we were looking for the most comfortable shoes, we ensured that they would protect your feet in any situation.
The durability of your work shoe is very important. If you found a comfortable pair, but they only last four months, they are not a good pair of work boots. For those who work from sunup to sun down, we ask for a lot of our work boots. But when the right materials are used, your boots can last just as long as your work ethic!
So no matter what job you have to do, make sure you have comfortable steel toe boots to help you get the job done!
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.