Holy Cow! Did you know the first Butter Cow at the Ohio State Fair was sculpted over a century ago? Designed to celebrate Ohio’s dairy farmers, this tradition is enjoyed by more than 500,000 visitors each year at the Ohio State Fair. However, since the fair is canceled this year, Ohioans are encouraged by American Dairy Association Mideast to keep the tradition alive by building their own miniature Butter Cow at home for a chance to win a YETI cooler.
Enter to Win
The #BuildYourButterCow Competition is easy to enter. Just follow the steps below.
- Follow the American Dairy Association Mideast on social media.
- Follow instructions to build your own Butter Cow using the how-to video and infographic.
- Share your finished Butter Cow sculpture on Twitter or Instagram by tagging the American Dairy Association Mideast and using the hashtag #BuildYourButterCow or reply to their Facebook post.
- Tag a friend in your post to nominate them to build their own Butter Cow and keep the challenge MOO-ving!
These Terms and Conditions govern the first ever #BuildYourButterCow Competition. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions is a prerequisite to entering the contest.
- Submissions must be completed between July 28 and August 9, 2020.
- While creativity is encouraged, the Butter Cow sculpture should stick to the ingredients outlined in the video and infographic below.
- All steps for entering the competition must be completed to be eligible to win.
How Winners Will Be Selected
The winner will be awarded based on their ability to follow the contest rules, as well as their creativity. Be sure to follow all their social pages and use the proper ingredients. When it comes to winning, they are ultimately looking for the display that is the most clever, original and — most importantly — fun!
Put Your Butter Cow to Use
The dairy community values sustainability. That’s why the traditional butter cow is typically built with butter past its expiration date, and we recycle it after the fair is over. To make the most of your mini Butter Cow sculpture, we suggest repurposing it by making delicious Herb-Infused Butter or spreading it on Homemade Bread with Honey!