Farming is in a constant state of change. It’s evolving with innovation in technologies. And with a rising population, agriculture faces new challenges every day. But with new challenges come endless opportunities to reinvent the industry. Corteva Agriscience has teamed up with 4-H to find the next Farmfluencer.
Farmfluencer is a global video competition, empowering youth and connecting them with farming. By making a two-minute video about the future of farming, you’ll get to share your point of view with the world and enter for a chance to win up to $5,000.
By engaging young people with questions like: “What does farming mean to you?” or “Does an industry that’s been around for 10,000 years have a future for you?” the hope is to not only find out your answers about the future of agriculture, but future farmers themselves. Some guidelines include:
1. Find something worth sharing and explain what you think about it and why it matters to you.
Answer one or more of the following questions:
- What does farming mean to you?
- Does an industry that’s been around for 10,000 years have a future for you?
- How will you fight against food deserts and world hunger?
Or talk about a topic that interests you, like organic food, robotics on farms, hydroponics, urban farming, data analytics, or the reengineering of seeds.
2. Show a part of the farming industry.
You could visit a farm or greenhouse near you, head over to your local university and interview an agriculture professor about the industry, or visit a grocery store and ask an employee where they get their food.
3. Create a two-minute video that talks about what you learned and shows where you visited.
4. Submit your video and get the chance to become an official Farmfluencer.
For the full list of guidelines and to submit your video, visit their website. Be sure to have fun while showing your modern take on agriculture. Tell your farm story, be honest, and you could have a chance to win $5,000!