For the last seventeen years, Arrowquip has been researching, testing, and developing the ideas that have come to life in its new cattle-chute offering called The General. The General is a hydraulic cattle chute that offers the key features cow/calf operators rely on, paired with the heavy-duty reliability for feedlots to get the job done quickly. This chute is like nothing cattle producers have ever seen before, and Arrowquip feels that it will revolutionize the industry.
In a preview of The General, Arrowquip explains that “for too long, large scale cattle operations and feedlots have had to sacrifice features they really need to have a heavy-duty chute. The options available to large producers are limited, and do not provide the resources you need to do your job properly or efficiently.”
So this was designed with all of the features that cattle operations truly need, and has the durability to stand up to the use and abuse that a chute of this caliber needs to handle. Arrowquip is already well known in the livestock industry for its premium Q-Power and Q-Catch portable cattle chutes, so there’s every reason to believe that Arrowquip has the ability to help take cattle handling and management to the next level.
Among the features of The General, which will be released in the fall of 2021, are:
- Heavy-duty build: It weighs roughly 4,000 pounds
- Superior strength: Interlocking steel beams on the frame provide heightened structural integrity
- Access: It provides better access for semen testing and nursing calves
- 3E barred head gate: Increased light draws cattle toward the head gate, improving flow
- Vet cage: Can be used in any squeeze setting
- Side access: Drop down panels from front to back
The above video is from Arrowquip’s vlog, which will feature updates and information as we continue with real-world testing, future prototypes, and highlight the key features of this chute. If you’d like to get a closer look at The General, you can follow this link to request VIP access.