For any student invested in the cotton industry, check out this opportunity for a scholarship. With cotton consultant experience and submitting your school transcript, you could be eligible for a $2,000 scholarship. The AMVAC Chemical Corporation is now accepting applications for the 2019 Cotton Industry Advancement Scholarship. AMVAC will award seven scholarships, each worth $2,000, to eligible applicants.
The Cotton Industry Advancement Scholarship will be awarded to two qualifying applicants in each of the following regions:
- Southeast — Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Alabama
- Mid-South — Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Missouri
- Southwest — Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico
- One winner from California or Arizona
- Applicants must be nominated by a practicing cotton consultant
- Applicants must have worked for a cotton consultant at some point between 2017 – 2019.
- Applicants must be either a senior in high school or currently enrolled in an agricultural area of study at an accredited college or university (either undergrad or graduate studies).
- Applicants must submit a fully completed application by July 1, 2019 on their website.
“We’re excited to offer this scholarship opportunity to deserving students,” said Paul Vaculin, cotton marketing manager at AMVAC. “It’s an honor to help students who want to pursue a career in the cotton industry achieve their educational goals.”
Payment of these scholarships will be made to the selected recipients by August 10, 2019.