Some of the nation’s leading agriculture experts and personalities will be featured on the Main Stage during the 2020 Commodity Classic, which is being held Feb. 27 through Feb. 29 in San Antonio. Established in 1996, Commodity Classic is among the nation’s largest annual agricultural events.
The Main Stage lineup for 2020 consists of:
- Brian Hefty and Darren Hefty of Ag Ph.D. speaking about the relationship between fertility and high yields
- A farmer panel discussing the challenge of transitioning a farm operation to the next generation
- A discussion of the economic factors impacting machinery purchases
- A panel discussion on nutrient stewardship and conservation
- An update on new regulations governing lighting and marketing standards for on-road ag equipment use
- The potential impact of African Swine Fever on grain markets, trade and U.S. livestock production
- Political trends and influences affecting farming and ranching
- Al Kluis, a marketing columnist for Successful Farming, discussing marketing strategies
- A cooking demonstration by registered dietitian Mary Alice Cain
Commodity Classic includes a huge trade show featuring the latest technology, equipment and innovation, top-notch entertainment, inspiring speakers, unique optional tours and the opportunity to network with thousands of farmers from across the nation. While many of the world’s leading agribusiness companies are on site, so are scores of smaller exhibitors offering a wide range of technology, equipment, and innovation.
Registration and housing for the 2020 Commodity Classic are now available. Admission to the trade show is included with the registration fee. A complete schedule of events and additional details are also available on the website.