As ladies, we know more than anyone the feeling of aching feet. The last place we want to worry about unsupportive foot wear is on the farm. The hours spent in your work boots will either make or break you.
We also want durability in our farm boots, because our tasks are tough, and whether we work around heavy machinery or heavy animals, our footwear can take a beating. The materials, stitching, insoles, heel, sole — the right combination is vital to emerging as one of the best farm boots for women to wear around their property.
There are so many personal preferences: lace up, slip-ons, steel toe, mid-calf, and many other details that make the perfect pair. We asked our sisters, mothers, and neighbors to discover their favorites so we could share them with you — especially if you haven’t found that perfect pair of farm boots yet. Also, who said being practical couldn’t be fashionable? I love the new, bright colors on boots lately — even if they get covered by mud eventually.
Here are 6 of the best farm boots for women, in a roundup that we’ve updated for 2021:
Ariat Women’s 8 in. Brown and Turquoise Western Boot
My personal pair of work boots have lasted me a long time. The stylish, yet practical boot has good support and easily slide on and off. The boot is very versatile and comfortable for all day wear and tear. With 142 ladies giving this boot a 4 or 5 star review (out of 147 total reviews) you can’t go wrong.
- This is my second pair of Ariat fatbaby boots. I love these boots as they are well made and sold at a terrific price. They are very comfortable and so very cute. I recommend these boots highly!
- I bought these a few weeks ago and have been so glad I did. They are not only stylish, but comfortable and very practical. Their size was true and they offer good support. I am elderly and feel safe in this boot as the heel is not tall, the toe bed is rounded, and the sole is textured so I won’t slip
- I bought this boot over a month ago and I’s so glad I did. They were promptly shipped to me (for free) , price was perfect for me to give them a try. Im extremely happy and will buy again.
Tony Lama Women’s Saddleback Brown 3R Work Boot
The 10-inch tall Tony Lama Women’s Saddleback Brown 3R Work Waterproof Composition Toe Work Boot with Turquoise Top delivers feminine style and quality to the job. This boot has a waterproof exterior and rubber outsole that guards the foot from up to 18,000 volts of open electrical currents.
- I have had my work boots for a couple weeks now and I am beyond satisfied! Not only are they cute (the colors are amazing!), but they are extremely functional! Super durable and holding up to what I’ve put them through working around the property so far! Love these boots, I would buy them again!
- Composite toes. Great look. Durable. Perfect for my horse and I to get to riding in the spring.
- I bought these boots for my daughter. She works for an electrical company and needs steel toe shoes. Why not be stylish as well as practical. She loves the boots.
Ariat Women’s Canyon Western Boot
The Ariat Women’s Canyon Western Boot is a full grain leather rugged Western boot with Ariat’s Everlon & Blown Rubber outsole as well as Ariat’s 4LR technology for stability and comfort.
- This is my 5th pair of these Ariat boots. Right out of the box they fit perfectly!! No breaking in necessary.
- I always buy these same boots every time. They are the most comfortable ever and even though it doesn’t say they are waterproof I have never gotten wet feet in them. I’m on my feet all day in a distribution center and they are wonderful. Thanks I love these boots!!
- bought them 1 year ago still look fantastic. feet feel so good like I’m wearing tennis shoes.many compliments
Justin Women’s 8 in. Gypsy Cowgirl Collection Boot
This Justin Boots Women’s Gypsy Boots is an 8 in. tall women’s Justin Gypsy Classic boot with a fashion round toe. Women swear by the longevity of these bots while praising the comfort. With only two 3 star reviews and zero 1 or 2 star reviews, you know these boots will surely please. (70 total stars.)
- I got these Justin’s for Christmas EIGHT YEARS AGO and have worn them just about every day since. I have not been easy on them…im a certified welder so these boots have seen their fair share and then some of abuse. I’ve never had any repairs made on them, never needed to replace insoles, and literally have never cleaned, polished or conditioned the leather in the whole 8 years I’ve had them until tonight!
- I have had these boots for a couple of weeks. From the moment I put them on they were comfortable enough to wear all day. The fit is good, they are very light weight. Awesome boot, I will probably get another pair.
- I bought these boots because I had a pair previously that I wore until I couldn’t wear them anymore. These Gypsys are perfect for what I need. I wear them everywhere I go.
Georgia Boot Women’s 6 in. Lace-Up Giant Safety Toe Work Boot
The Georgia Boot Women’s 6 in. Lace-Up Giant Safety Toe Work Boot is made tough to last throughout the job.
- I have bought these same boots for my mom for over 5 years. Great quality, durable and dry.
- These are probably my 10th pair – over 20 years! Durable, fashionable and comfortable!
- I’ve had these boots for years and they are there best work boot I’ve ever owned. It’s time for a new pair. Love, love, love them.
Durango Women’s Lady Rebel 10 in. Pull-On Boot
This boot has full-grain leather on the upper portion, a ventilated removable cushion footbed, tempered steel shank, and is relatively lightweight. People praise the comfort of them. Plus they come in several different colors and minor variations, making them one of Durango’s most popular.
- I’ve worn boots everyday of my life since I was 5, I’m 42. These are the ONLY boots I will wear. I do not own any other shoes besides flip flops. I wear them to work in, play in, or going out. Comfortable for whatever.
- Got these a few weeks ago. Very comfy and wear like my favorite pair of sneakers.
- These are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. They required NO breaking in…they are so comfortable, I go for long walks in them!
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.