If you are tired of stuff sliding around and ruining the paint in your truck bed, it might be time to look for a bed liner. We searched everything from liners to roll ons, and came up with a few of our favorites among the best truck bed mats available.
Of course there is always the option to have someone spray it on, but if you are looking for a cost effective or cheaper version check out this list. While searching for your bed liner, make sure you have the make and model of your truck correct to get the right fit the first time. That will save you a lot of headache down the road!
Here are five truck bed mats that really stand out:
Dee Zee DZ86996 Heavyweight Bed Mat
When searching for a bed liner, customized is the preferred option. This customized bed liner made a great Christmas gift last year for a family member and has held up great through all of the farm chores.
- Extra Thick .375″ (9.52mm) Rubber Compound Construction
- Helps Prevent Cargo From Shifting & Damaging Your Truck Bed
- Highly Compressed Rubber Resists Abrasions, Tears, Cracking and Fuel Spills
- Rubber Material Deflects UV Rays To Reduce Fading
- Custom Fit Applications Contour Around Wheel Wells For A Perfect Fit
Promising review: “Excellent fit for short bed 2016 Ram 1500 crew cab. Mat is thick and heavy, very stable in the bed. Surface is slightly soft/sticky which reduced disposition of cargo to slide in position. Very comfortable to kneel in bed while working. Very good value.”
Westin 50-6355 Black Rubber Truck Bed Mat
When you need a more universal bed liner, this is a great option. This easy-to-install liner also had 84 percent five-star reviews on Amazon.
- Lines and protects truck bed
- Preserves truck value
- Heavyweight rubber
- Ribbed, non-slip surface
- Heat molded “Custom Fit” applications
- Non-vehicle specific “Universal” sizes
Promising review: “I have had this mat in my truck for about three weeks and it has been awesome. Not only does it keep everything from sliding around, I purchased it just in time to help three people move and it completely protected my truck bed and their cargo. So glad I purchased this.”
BedRug Bed Mat
The fuzzy, rug-like texture is something that bucks the trend of what you’ll see at most places. The bed mat will be secured using plastic plugs that are inserted into small holes that are drilled into the plastic bed liner, not the truck bed, leaving your factory finish maintained and protected.
- Rugged construction handles heavy cargo
- Bleach, oil and even battery acid washes off
- Comfortable knee-friendly 3/4 inch cushioned floor
- Anti-skid surface prevents cargo from shifting; engineered for exterior use
- Stain and UV resistant easily cleaned with just water
Promising review: “If you own a truck and you don’t have one of these…what are you waiting for. The bedrug is awesome, totally transforms the truck. I like the utilitarian aspect of the product, so far it has been indestructible, as I use my truck and it’s not just a show toy…far from it…more of a workhorse.”
Black Armour Bed Mats
The Black Armour Bed Mats are vulcanized rubber rather than polyurethane bound, which creates a stronger rubber that will not absorb liquids. All of their mats are made from 100 percent recycled tires, and it is estimated that in the 54 years they’ve been in business, they have kept over 117,000,000 tires from ending up in landfills. With three factories in Canada and USA and all of their bed mats are proudly made in North America.
- Premium ½” thick construction offers 100% protection from dents and scratches from even the most demanding cargo.
- Proprietary Ultra Sonic Cutting Technology ensures a precise, glove-like fit. No need to trim and no more gravel and sand around the wheel wells.
- High grip 100% recycled rubber with Traction Plus checker plate texture prevents cargo from shifting.
- Black Armour mats lay flat without shifting or wrinkling and they will never bunch up.
- Quick and easy installation. No tools required.
Promising review: “This truck mat from Black Armour is Heavy Duty in the truest sense of the word. It’s extremely thick, heavy and robust. If you’re looking for a truck mat that will last you the length of your vehicle (and maybe even beyond), or you haul a lot of heavy stuff that you need to protect your truck bed from, this mat is perfect for you.”
Roll On Raptor: Tough & protective bed liner kit
Now if you are looking for a totally different option, check out this roll-on bed liner. It is much cheaper than a spray on liner and if done correctly, looks very similar!
- Impact, scratch and UV resistant
- Protects against corrosion, salt, water, chemicals & more
- Adheres to metal, wood, plastics, fiberglass, concrete
- The roller creates a textured, black finish
Promising review: “This product is FANTASTIC. I purchased to coat a new GMC Canyon, and it went VERY Well. The product is hard as a rock on the truck and adheres very well. It came out perfectly for a DIY Job. Rollers are junk and fall apart during use, so buy backups. REMEMBER, anything this epoxy gets on will be there forever (clothes, sleeves, gloves, garage floor, everything.) THIS STUFF LOOKS JUST LIKE A SPRAY ON LINER!!”
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.