Millions of Americans celebrate Halloween annually, traditionally adorning costumes of fictional movie characters, mystical beings, and scary creatures. However, over the past several years, creative, alternative costumes have seen a meteoric rise in popularity. Specifically, fruit-themed costumes have become a prevalent choice for adults, children, and even pets. Today’s Halloween revelers have embraced a more nutritious lifestyle, which is reflected in their Halloween ensemble choices.
Del Monte Fresh Produce had some fun projecting the top five fruit-themed Halloween costumes for 2019:
- Pumpkin — A perfect option for small children, or small pets you treat as though they were your children!
- Banana — Would be perfect if you are the “life of the party” and ready to “go bananas”.
- Avocado — A popular choice for Millennials, Baby-boomers who enjoy teasing Millennials, or pregnant ladies who can use their bump as the pit.
- Pineapple — Best worn by someone who knows all the lyrics to “Escape” (the piña coladas song).
- Grapes — Literally a “bunch” of fun.
Throughout October, consumers can visit Del Monte Fresh Produce’s social media channels to enter for a chance to win a variety of prizes. Prizes include banana costumes and custom-edited Banana-Vision’d photos, as well as a grand prize of cooking classes from Sur La Table, kitchenware appliances and gadgets. All October long, Del Monte bananas will have promotional stickers displaying how consumers can get involved. For more details on the Better in Bananavision campaign, consumers can follow along on Instagram @delmontefresh.